How do people dance?
Watch the video
Dance is one of the most ancient arts. With its help people express their emotions - joy or sadness. Depending on the mood at the moment, a person dances a certain dance.
Characteristics of dance
The main characteristics of the dance are rhythm, dynamics, drawing, technique.
- Rhythm is a quick or slow repetition of movements.
- Dynamics - this is the tension of the movement, manifested in different variations.
- A drawing is a collection of different movements.
- Technique is a certain degree of possession of the body.
Depending on the totality of these characteristics, dances come in different styles.
There are many different styles of dance:
- Ballet is a performance that is accompanied by music. Ballet is a stage dance.
- Ballroom dance is a dance designed forthe most dancers, and not for the spectators in contrast to the ballet. It is performed by a couple or more people. There are the following ballroom dances - waltz, mazurka, cancan, blues, foxtrot, etc. You can learn more about waltz in the article How to Dance a Waltz.
- Folk dance is a dance that containsmovements and rhythms, as well as traditional costumes for a specific locality. Often the performers of this dance hold household accessories or folk musical instruments.
- Historical dance is a dance of the past, whichare fulfilled in the present tense. When performing these dances, historical costumes are used that relate to a particular era. Historical dances are jiga, branl, chacona, ballo, sea, rigodon, minuet, burre, polonaise, quadrille and others.
- Variety dance is a modern dance, a small dance scene. Most often this dance is entertaining.
- The modern dance is the direction of the foreignmodern choreography. The basic principles are a rejection of traditions and canons. A kind of modern dance is hip-hop. You can learn more about it in the article How to Dance Hip Hop.
- Club dance is a modern dance that combines many different directions. Dancing, of course, in the club.
- Street dance is a fashionable direction in dance, which unites many dance styles. Dance this dance in the street, in the courtyards, that is, outside the studios and clubs.
Now you know what styles of dance exist, and now let's find out how people dance.
How dancing people are now
Of course, most often people choose club dances,as well as Art Nouveau. At a disco or in a club with the help of such dances a person can relax or have fun. How to dance in such institutions, you can read in our articles How to dance in a disco and How to dance in a club.
However, those people who are fond of dancing, alsoare engaged also in studios ballroom or folk dances, and also variety dances. Special studios focus on the analysis of dance elements, as well as the expression of emotions and improvisation.
Now there are many different studiosdance, in which they teach different styles and directions of dance. You can only choose. And more to learn about the dance can be in the article How beautiful to dance.