How not to eat mayonnaise?
Some people do not think their dinner or dinner without mayonnaise. Their passion for this sauce sometimes comes to the point of absurdity - not only do they pour mayonnaise over the dumplings, but sometimes they even manage to fill them with borsch or okroshka, which contradicts all the rules of culinary science. Preservatives, emulsifiers, thickeners, dyes, stabilizers - this is not a complete list of those substances that modern manufacturers in large quantities add to mayonnaise. Therefore, if you care about health and watch your weight, it is better to abandon the use of mayonnaise.
Recipe for homemade mayonnaise
If you love mayonnaise so much that you simply do not have the strength to completely abandon it, try to cook it yourself. Homemade mayonnaise is also very calories, but it is prepared from fresh natural products, so this mayonnaise is less harmful to health than the store.
- Carefully break two fresh chicken eggs and carefully separate the yolks.
- Put them in a bowl, add half a teaspoon of sugar, salt and mustard to it and mix this mixture with a mixer. This should be done at low speed, using a nozzle in the form of a nimbus.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, it is necessary to begin to slowly, literally drop by drop, pour in vegetable oil, without stopping the process of beating. A total of two yolks you need 130 ml of refined vegetable oil. To improve taste, part of it can be replaced with first-pressed olive oil.
- When the egg-oil emulsion thickens, you need to add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice and beat the sauce again a little.
- Now homemade mayonnaise is completely ready. It should only be put in a jar and immediately put in the fridge. Such mayonnaise, unlike its counterpart, is a perishable product, and you can only store it in the refrigerator for a few days.
How not to eat mayonnaise and how to replace it
- Mayonnaise can be successfully replaced with sour cream and sauces prepared on its basis. If the taste of pure sour cream seems too bland, add a little mustard in it, lightly salt it and mix well. Such sour cream instead of mayonnaise can be filled with almost any salads, their taste will only benefit from it.
- Another excellent store mayonnaise substitute is natural yogurt mixed with soft curd in a ratio of 3 to 1 and seasoned with chopped greens and crushed garlic.
- On the basis of sour cream, you can cook another hot sauce in the spirit of the Caucasian cuisine. To make it, it is necessary to grind a quarter of a teaspoon of finished adzhika and a few pinches of hop-suneli seasoning with three spoons of sour cream. Then this mass should be mixed with two glasses of sour cream, add a bunch of sliced cilantro there and dosolit as you like.
Recipe for Tsatsiki Sauce
For meat or fried fish, you can make traditional Greek sauce "Tsatsiki", which will replace the traditional mayonnaise.
- To make this sauce, you will need a glass of thick yogurt or low-fat sour cream, a couple of medium-sized cucumbers, two cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, greens, pepper and salt.
- Cucumbers must be peeled, then you need to grate them on a fine grater and slightly squeeze the juice out of them.
- Next, cucumber puree should be mixed with butter and yogurt, squeeze the same garlic, add chopped greens, pepper and salt.