How to choose a down jacket?
Initially, down jackets were exclusivelyfunctional clothing intended for polar explorers, huntsmen, northern oil workers or sportsmen engaged in winter sports. They only needed one thing - to warm their master and not let him freeze under extreme conditions. These down jackets, as you know, were not distinguished by the beauty and grace of cut. They were sewn from rough and strong fabrics, densely filled with down, colors had the most unpretentious. The man dressed in such a down jacket from a distance resembled something like an air mattress of black or orange color.
Down jackets - a fashion trend of the winter season
However, over time, young people who love everything new andunusual, the first appreciated their comfort in wearing and unpretentiousness in the care. Jackets and duffers quickly entered the fashion - short, without any frills, down jackets, quilted by wide horizontal stripes. But up to full domination in the fashion world, down jackets were still far away. The palm of the championship was still held by sheepskins and draped coats on the batting, decorated with indispensable mink collars.
Time passed, sheepskins became mauveton, and on worldpodiums confidently trotted long-legged models dressed in down jackets from Gucci, Armani and Lagerfeld. Any self-respecting fashion designer considered it his duty to create a collection of winter clothes in which the main role was assigned to down jackets. Their finest hour has come! Now down jackets are worn all, from babies who are not yet able to walk, and ending with elegant ladies of Balzac's age. You also decided to follow the trend of the current trends and buy yourself a down jacket? Which one to choose and where to buy is two questions that you can not solve on your own? Then maybe our tips will help you make the right choice! Before proceeding to the matter, I would like to clarify that it will be more about the down jackets, and not about any thick quilted jackets, which for some reason we are also called feather jackets.
How to choose the right down jacket
- This factory down jacket must havecardboard tags with the name of the company and the country of the manufacturer, indicating the article's article, its color and size. Also on the tag can be placed additional information - the date of the company's foundation, a brief description of materials and brand technologies, quality assurance, etc.
- Inside the product must be asat least two sewn or embroidered textile labels. On the first, which is usually poured on the lining below the gate, the name of the company is embroidered or woven, and, most often, the size of the product. The second should be sewn into the left side seam under the down jacket. On it is woven or printed the composition of the material of the top, the filler and the lining, as well as the signs of the rules of care of the product.
- Most firms attach a piece of fluff, spare buttons or buttons and a patchwork cloth to the product. All this should be beautifully packaged and brought to the cardboard tag.
- Before choosing a down jacket finally,you need to make sure that you really have a "down jacket". To do this, it is necessary to carefully study the filler composition declared by the manufacturer and indicated on the inner lining. If you see the English word "down", then the down in the product is really present. However, purely down products in our market are almost not met, they are too droggy. Therefore, the label should indicate the percentage of fluff in the filler. In good down jackets, this is usually 80%, although a minimum level of fluff is allowed - 50%. The remaining percent falls on the pen - "feather", the content of which varies from 10 to 50%.
- After you carefully study the compositionfiller and make sure that you have all the necessary tags and labels, you must carefully inspect the product itself. Pay attention to the accessories. Solid companies do not use, as a rule, standard accessories, but order a special one, designed by their own designers and decorated with company logos.
- Pooh in a quality down jacket is not peppered betweenupper fabric and lining, and distributed in small blocks, which prevents it from shattering down the product. Check the uniform filling of these blocks and their elasticity. Thoroughly feel the down jacket, it should be soft and silky inside. Carefully inspect the seams of the down jacket, do not spread through them individual fluff, if so, then it will be better to refrain from buying such a product.
- This is our conversation about how to choose a down jacketfor the winter comes to an end. Finally shake it properly to check if feathers are strewed, make sure that all the zippers and buttons work properly and boldly buy the item you like.