How to connect the power supply unit?
Watch the video
The power supply is an integral part of your PC, as it provides power to all components of the computer. In fact, the power supply does not work - the computer does not work.
In fact, know how to connect a power supplyshould everyone, since it is easy to learn how to install this part, which will save time and money. It is not necessary to call a master and pay for work, which even a novice user will perform in 10 minutes. Nevertheless, many face difficulties, trying to connect a new unit and use it in the work. Read the additional information in the material How to start the power supply.
Disable the old PSU
We remind you that if your computer is onwarranty and on it service seals are installed, then do not replace the parts yourself, as this will lead to the refusal of the service center to continue to service your device.
The installation of a new unit begins withremoval of the old. Typically, the BP is located at the bottom or top of the system, and from it there are many cables intended for powering PC components. The advanced units have connectors on their body, that is, the connection will be two-way.
Remember to be careful withelectricity. Never connect or disconnect the PSU, do not open the computer's side covers or try to fix anything there, correct it if the power is on. De-energize the PC, and only then start working.
Disconnect the PS just:
- Turn off the power to the computer. On the PS there is a corresponding button, unplug the power supply from the socket. Wait a few minutes;
- Disconnect the wires connecting the PSU and PC components. To do this, remove the side cover. We advise you to remember which wire you connected to. It is because of this that problems arise, and the user as a result can not normally start work. Act neatly, without sudden movements;
- Unscrew the screws that hold the PSU. Usually there are four. Often, you do not need to remove other elements to pull out the unit.
Connect a new PSU
First of all, we recommend reading the article What blockYou need food to avoid making a mistake. Depending on the power of the PC, you will need the corresponding unit. When it is selected, you can act on the reverse scheme of disabling the PSU. Namely:
- Fix the new unit in the housing of yourPC. Try to act neatly, do not touch the components of the computer. Unfortunately, sometimes the motherboard suffers from sharp angles and inexperienced users. Therefore it will be actual to read the article How to connect the motherboard and know how to correctly perform this action;
- Connect the cables from the PSU to the computer components. This step is the most difficult, if you do not previously remember that where to connect. Although you can navigate by the number of contacts. To connect something not in its own nest is quite difficult;
- Turn on the computer. If everything is connected correctly, the PC will start the workflows.
Once again, we recall that the power supply is necessaryselect according to the parameters of your computer - otherwise replacement of the part can lead to breakage. If you are not sure of your knowledge, it is better to consult a specialized store or an authorized service center for advice.