How to connect the router Beeline?
Today, mobile operators offer options not only mobile, but also home Internet. In addition, on their sites you can find special branded devices, such as wifi routers. No exception - Beeline operator.
In this article we will talk about how to connect a wifi router from Beeline.
- We connect the Internet cable to the WAN port (this is the cable that was connected to your apartment when you ordered the Internet connection service).
- We connect the computer to one of the LAN ports. You can connect over the wireless network, but when you first set up it is recommended to use the connection through the wires.
- Open any browser and in the address bar we indicate the following combination of numbers: "192.168.10.1" is the IP address of the Beeline router. Press "Enter".
- In the window that opens, you will need to enter a username and password, in both fields specify the value - "admin". Click "OK".
- If everything is done correctly, the Beeline router settings window will appear in front of you.
- Click on the button "Basic Settings", then select the item "WAN".
- In the window that opens, specify the following parameters:
- connection type - L2TP;
- IP address - tp.internet.beeline.ru;
- username and password - enter the desired username and password;
- type of address - dynamic;
- MTU - 1460;
- The “username / password” pair, specified in this step, will now be used instead of the “admin / admin” pair to gain access to the settings of the router.
- Enable the option "Get DNS automatically".
- Save the changes. Attention! The process of saving the settings may take up to 2 minutes, so do not think that the computer is frozen!
- After saving the settings, you will see a window with the inscription "Changing the settings successfully completed." Click OK.
- Now click on the "Wi-Fi setting" button, in the appeared parameters window, specify the following values:
- Standard - 2.4GHz (B + G);
- mode - AP;
- wireless network name - enter the desired network name;
- channel number - Auto.
- Click the "Save Changes" button, wait a while until the router saves the settings.
- Now it only remains to protect oneself from unauthorized neighbors ’traffic - in the“ Wi-Fi Setup ”menu, select the“ Wi-Fi Security Setup ”option and specify the following parameters:
- authentication - WPA2mixed;
- WPA encryption - TKIP;
- WPA2 encryption - AES;
- The preset key format is a password.
- In the field "Preset key" enter a strong password. It is better that it consist of letters and numbers.
- Save the changes. All! It is done!
As you can see, the instruction is not entirely clever, and even an un-advanced user will be able to perform this setting.