How to cook a hake?
Hake is a delicious low-calorie variety of fish that today can be purchased frozen in almost any store. In addition, it is also distinguished by its low cost, so preparing various dishes from this fish is not only useful, but also economical. This article describes how to cook hake in a variety of ways and in combination with different ingredients.
How to cook hake in the oven
With the following recipe you will learn how to cook hake in foil in the oven:
- Fish hake (0.5 kg) thawed, cleaned and washed with water from the tap, then cut the carcass along the spine, remove it, salt and pepper, roll in seasoning for fish.
- Fry 2 grated carrots and 2 finely chopped onions in vegetable or olive oil.
- Mix 100 g of ketchup and 100 g of mayonnaise, prepare a pink sauce.
- Hake carcasses spread out in foil and put 1 bay leaf on each.
- Fried carrots with onions spread on the fish, then lubricate all the finished pink sauce.
- Preheat the oven, setting the temperature to 180 degrees.
- Close the dish with foil, put in the oven for 40 minutes.
Baked hake can be eaten with boiled potatoes or rice.
How to cook hake in the pan
The following recipe will tell you how to cook hake fillets in a pan:
- Prepare the fish as described in the previous recipe.
- Remove bones, cut into portions, salt and pepper.
- Add seasoning for fish and pour with lemon juice.
- Roll each piece in flour or bread crumbs (about 200-300 g will be needed).
- Fry in vegetable or olive oil for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. On the fillet should form a golden crust.
Garnished with such a dish can be mashed potatoes or buckwheat porridge.
How to cook a hake in a slow cooker
Get a tasty juicy fish dish quickly and effortlessly can be, if you know how to cook fish hake using a slow cooker. This will help you with this simple recipe:
- Clean and wash the fish (0.5 kg), cut into pieces and pour a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper and seasoning for fish.
- Cut onion rings (150 g) and tomatoes (300 g), grate carrots (150 g).
- Pour the vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, put onions, then pieces of fish.
- Put carrots and tomatoes on top, salt to taste.
- Close the lid and select the “Extinguish” mode.
- Cooking time is 1 hour.
Hake with cream sauce
Also in a slow cooker, you can cook a hake with sour cream sauce instead of carrots and tomatoes. To do this, after you put onions and fish in the bowl on top, you must use the “Frying” mode and prepare the hake with the lid open for 10 minutes. Then it is necessary to turn on the “Stewing” mode, pour the fish with sour cream sauce and cook for 1 hour.
To prepare the sauce you need:
- 200 g of sour cream whipped with a fork with 2 eggs.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add 200 g of milk and mix thoroughly.
Hake with sour cream sauce goes well with rice.