How to disable Microsoft antivirus?
One of the innovations of Microsoft - built-in antivirus Windows Defender (Windows Defender). But it turned out to be ineffective in order to seriously compete with such antiviruses as, for example, Kaspersky or Dr.Web. That is why people trust the protection of their personal computers to such professionals.
But two antiviruses on one PC is not very good, as it leads to incorrect work of both the antiviruses and the whole system. Therefore, the question arises: how to disable microsoft security antivirus? In our article we will tell you how to do it.
Disable Windows Antivirus
To disable Windows Defender:
- Open "Control Panel" by clicking "Start", then "Control Panel"
- Click “Defender”, this will open a window of this program. If the antivirus databases are not relevant, then you need to update them. After the upgrade, both the Defender menu and the ability to do all operations with it will be available.
- Now press the "Programs" button on top of the window
- In the settings window that opens, click the "Settings" link located on top of the window
Settings allow you to:
- disable certain program features
- completely stop using the program, for which you need to open the “Administrator” item and uncheck the “Use this program” box - this is the answer to the question of how to disable microsoft antivirus
It must be remembered that the entrance to the Internet is not only endless possibilities for finding all kinds of information, but also the possibility of infection with various computer viruses! Therefore, before entering the Internet, enable the built-in antivirus or install any other to prevent infection of the personal computer. After all, prevention is always better than cure.
Now you know how to disable security essentials antivirus.