How to divide a bedroom into zones?
Watch the video
Many people are faced with the need for zoning the room, as it is not only convenient and functional, but also beautiful.
In the article we will tell you how to divide the bedroom into zones so that the room looks cozy and not cluttered. Let's start with the basic principles of zoning.
Basic principles of room zoning
Bedroom zoning is based on the following principles:
- The sleep area should be separated from the rest of the room, regardless of its purpose. In the sleep area, as a rule, there is a bed, a small dressing table and a bedside table for storing necessary things. Zoning is to start, starting from the location of the bed, as it is the main element of the room.
- For zoning a small room, you should use no more than 2-3 methods at the same time to avoid its clutter.
- The larger the room, the more methods you can apply.
The rest of the room is used for the following purposes:
- rest zone;
- work zone;
- living room;
- second sleeping area.
Properly selected zoning will help save every centimeter of area and use it for its intended purpose. Equally important is the arrangement of the room, more details about this can be found here: How to furnish a bedroom.
- Multi-level ceiling. It will give the impression that you are in two different rooms.
- Podium. It is convenient to locate a sofa for rest or a desk.
- Painting the walls. Zones can be separated by color, using different colors, shades or textured materials for functional zones. However, the colors should not be too contrasting or similar to each other. It is well suited to use lighter and darker shades of the same color.
- Screen or rack. They should not be too large and completely replace the wall between the zones. They should gracefully fit into the interior and only slightly remind about the border between the zones.
- Curtains or canopy. The sleeping area can be successfully separated by a canopy from light tulle. This reception will give the room some romance and magic.For a more serious solution, you can use regular curtains that need to be placed in a convenient place between the zones and, if necessary, it will be enough just to push or open them.
- Unusual elements of furniture in the form of a sofa for relaxing or an original chair.
- Lighting. For different zones should be their light sources.
- Jalousie. It is appropriate to use them in small rooms to separate the working area. Such a solution will avoid cluttering extra furniture.
Many are interested in how to divide a bedroom into two. This question becomes especially relevant when two children of different ages live in the same room. The answer is simple: all the above methods will work here. One has only to consider that the room should be divided into two equivalent parts so that there are no conflicts between the children. Particularly relevant will be mobile partitions that can be removed for hanging out with children.