How to flash a Samsung phone?
Watch the video
To upgrade your Samsung phone, it’s not necessary to contact a service center. Such work can be carried out independently using special software. But it is important to carry out such a process correctly.
Let us dwell in detail on how to flash a Samsung phone with your own hands.
Preparing for firmware
Before you proceed to self-flashing the phone, it is necessary to fully charge its battery. After all, if in the course of such a process the phone turns off, then there will be no serious problems with its functioning.
The next thing to do is to connect the device to the computer via a USB cable. The PC operating system may suggest installing additional drivers for the correct operation of the phone. It is recommended to do this, and then restart the computer and disconnect the mobile device.
Next you need to download the firmware for it. Best suited for Samsung devices MultiLoader software. You can download it. Then install the program on the phone.
Samsung phone firmware
We now turn to the very firmware Samsung phone. It is performed as follows:
- Launch the MultiLoader program on your mobile device (at this time the phone should not be connected via USB to a PC).
- Go to its main menu. It will need to find the option BACK UP and activate it. This will allow backing up data in case problems arise during the firmware.
- Go to the main menu, select the “Firmware” item in it and then BRCM2133.
- In the window that opens, check the checkboxes next to the following items: Boot (select bootfiles in the drop-down menu opposite it), Factory FS, Full Download, Rsrc1, Amss (at this point, select the file apps_compresset.bin).
- Now go to Download mode. To do this, hold down the volume, lock and on / off buttons for a few seconds.
- Download should appear on the screen. It will indicate that the process was started and completed successfully.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and wait for the PC's operating system to detect the device.
- The following message appears at the bottom of the window: com15 ready and your phone model. You need to click on the button RELOAD, located opposite it, and wait a few minutes. During this, the mobile device can turn on and off, this is a normal process.
- Upon completion, you will need to disconnect the phone from the cable and restart it several times.
- If the menu of the mobile device is in English, then you will need to reconfigure. The following command will help to do this: * # 6984125 * #. Next, in the pop-up menu, select the Pre-configuration item and indicate this password: “* # 73561 * #. After that, the device reboots and this configuration is driven into it: "* 2767 * 3855 #. This will complete the firmware. You just need to check the operation of the device.
If you are not sure that you can correctly perform the firmware of your Samsung phone, then it is better to entrust it to specialists. But contact only experienced craftsmen who will provide you with a guarantee on the work done.