How to knit a raglan with knitting needles?
Watch the video
Raglan is a kind of cut sleeve clothing, in whichThe sleeve is cut out together with the shoulder part of the shelf and back. Schemes for the manufacture of raglan there are different. Most of them assume that you individually knit sleeves, back and front, and then sew them together. This is very laborious work. The model with raglan knits together an integral element, which greatly facilitates the task. For work you will need yarn and circular knitting needles. How to knit raglan with knitting needles, you will learn from our article.
- We knit a sample 10 cm long and count the number of loops.
- You can knit raglan with knitting needles from above and below. If we knit from below, then we measure the volume of the hips, if from above, then we begin work with the measurement of the circumference of the neck. The easiest way is to knit raglan from above, so consider it. We calculate the density of the loops by 10 cm. To do this, multiply the length of the neck circumference by the number of loops in the sample and divide by 10 (the length of the sample). Now we select the nearest value to the resulting number, which is divided by 4, reducing, if necessary, 2-3 loops. For example, 36 cm is the circumference of the neck, and in the sample you counted 28 loops. We get: 36x28 / 10 = 100.8. The nearest number, a multiple of 4 - 100.
- Before starting work, draw a diagram of raglan,consisting of 4 zones: transmission, backrest and two zones of sleeves. We calculate the number of loops for each zone. To do this, the total number of loops divided by 4. To the resulting number for the sleeves we remove 3 loops, and to the front and bottom we add 3 loops. In our case, 100 loops are distributed as follows: on the sleeves - 22 loops, and on the front and back - 28.
- We collect the total number of loops. Any color thread mark the beginning of knitting. We send half of the number of hinges of the backrest, mark the center loop with a contrasting thread, make a cape. We knit the remaining half, mark with a thread - the beginning of the sleeve zone. Loop before and aftermarked with a knot. Noting the boundaries of the zones, we finish knitting the first row of the product.
- Let's start knitting the second row. All the loops, which we tied with nacs, we knit the facial. Every second row is banded around.
- When ready 18-20 cm, we separate the zones of the sleeves. Designed for them, the loops are typed on a pin and without adding we knit further in a circle. Knit the sleeve of raglan with knitting needles when you finish the whole sweater.
- We bind the back and in front of the raglans.
- We knit the sleeves. Their shape and size depend on your desires. To do this, we sew the loops that we typed on the pin. For more information on how to knit a sleeve, see How to Tie a Sleeve.
Additionally, read our articles: How to tie a raglan and how to tie a raglan sweater.