Sleep occupies a third of our life, allows us to adapt to the environment and recuperate in time. On average, we sleep from 8 to 9 hours a day, but there are people who have five hours of sleep are enough to be in great shape, while others need all ten for this.
However, it happens that the time we need for sleep against our will is reduced, and fatigue accumulates. To avoid this, you need to know about some of the rules of sleep ...
How to sleep?
- Try to increase physical activity, regularly exercising, or at least walk as much as possible on foot. Sleep is designed to restore energy, but for this we must first spend it!
- If you are going to go to bed soon, you should stop all active activities, both physical and intellectual, ahead of time. Read a book or watch a movie that does not require serious mental stress, or even better - take a warm bath.
- You should not drink anything exciting - tea, coffee, drinks containing cola, citrus juice, and for some even chocolate. Pay attention to your evening menu.For dinner, do not eat fatty foods - it is slowly digested.
- Of great importance is the decor of the bedroom. As far as possible, try to create your own, what is called, a space conducive to sleep.
- Lying in bed, refrain from eating and watching TV. The room in which you sleep should be the quietest, and in its decoration it is preferable to calm colors (blue, green, white) and simple simple furniture.
- See if the air temperature in your room is above normal. It should be no more than 18-20 degrees C. Pay attention also to whether there is sufficient humidity in the bedroom, especially if you have central heating. To increase the humidity, you can simply put a glass of water on the battery.
- Make sure your mattress is in order. It should be noted that in 10 years of use, even the best mattress loses 20% of its merits, that is, comfort. If it is time for you to change it, buy not very hard and not too soft, but rather elastic.
In the middle of the night, pregnant women often wake up. The reason for this - the complex hormonal changes occurring in the body of the future mother.To learn how to sleep during pregnancy, read in more detail in another article on our portal.
In what position to go to bed
Throughout the night, we change our body position several times. But the best posture is the position on the stomach. In this position, we have intervertebral cartilage straightening, and there is no pressure on any organs on the kidneys. Thus, they work better. But this applies only to those who have not filled the stomach at night. If you can not cancel the meal three hours before bedtime, then go to bed on the right side. This position will help to avoid the penetration of bile into the stomach.
Many scientists claim to sleep properly - the directions to the world must be taken into account. For a more complete sleep, it is necessary that the head be in the direction of the north or east. If the head of the bed looks to the south or west - this is bad, you will not get enough sleep and feel overwhelmed all day.
How to sleep with your head you can read in more detail in this article: "Where to sleep with your head"?
How to sleep on a pillow
For the best sleep you need to choose the right pillow.To do this, select a pillow that will support the neck and head in the most convenient way for you. Not the last role is played by its components:
- Sheep's wool. Such a pillow will serve you for many years, but it quickly gathers warmth in itself. Therefore, it is not suitable for everyone.
- Goose down It is well breathable, suitable for those who like to sleep on a soft pillow.
- Vegetable fillers. This pillow is hypoallergenic and tends to adapt to the shape of your head. But you can only use it for 2 years.
How to sleep on Feng Shui
Today it is difficult to adhere to all the recommendations of feng shui, as the style and fashion dictates its own rules. But for a more comfortable sleep, there are a number of tips:
- Near the bed should not be a frame with photos of loved ones;
- There should be a limited number of mirrors in the room. In no case it is impossible for them to reflect your sleeping place;
- Cover the bed with natural sheets of light shades. For winter, suitable material such as coarse calico, and in the summer - silk;
- It is necessary to cover at a certain time every day and at the same place on the bed.
How to put a child to sleep
Almost all women who first became mothers are wondering how to properly sleep a newborn. Doctors advise to do as our grandmothers have long been. Namely: after you have fed the child, put him first on one side, and then on the other, then on the back. You can put a newborn baby on the tummy only in the case of a short sleep (lunch) or when he is awake.
Such methods will help the child to sleep properly and take advantage of each pose.
- In the position on the belly, the baby will soon learn to turn his head, strengthen the muscles of the back and hips.
- On the back, the child studies the environment better, gets acquainted with new impressions of what he saw. Because of the spaciousness of their arms and legs, they easily recognize them.
- On the side, the infant also observes the processes taking place in front of him, reducing the chance of choking.
Pay due attention to your sleep pattern, and you will very soon notice how your health and mood have improved.