How to trim in Sony Vegas?
Watch the video
Probably every PC user wondered how to cut this or that video. There are a large number of different applications and programs for trimming video on a computer. But not all programs can be fully mastered due to their complexity. There is one leading program of its kind, and this is Sony Vegas. The article will look in detail at how to trim the right video in Sony Vegas.
There are several ways to trim a video:
- by cutting a fragment;
- direct trimming.
- First you need to run the program, then open the desired video file that you would like to cut. Sometimes it happens that when opening a file an error pops up, it means that there are no video codecs on your computer, you need to download and install them (you can download the necessary drivers on the site).
- So, after successfully downloading the video to the program, we start working with the file. To do this, open the desired video in the application.
- On the timeline we find the necessary place (the part that needs to be cut) and click on it with the mouse, then presses the "S" key. Our video, thanks to this operation, is divided into two parts independent of each other.
- After that, we use the same method to share our video file again. After separation, the unnecessary part can be deleted with the “Delete” key or the “Ctrl + X” key combination, and the remaining parts can be connected back. This method of pruning is the easiest and most convenient. After you have cut all unnecessary parts, you can proceed to save. In the file menu, select "Save As" and enter a new name for this video file.
There is another “trimming” method called “fragment selection” from part of a file. To do this, hold down the left mouse button under the track. Next, drag the mouse to the desired location on the audio track. Then right-click the context menu, where you need to select "Delete". For more accurate trimming in this case, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the track and fine-tune the fragment. After you delete the unnecessary part, save the trimmed file in the same way as in the first version.
Mount in Sony Vegas
If you want to learn how to mount in Sony Vegas, then do it in this program is not difficult.
- First, you need to open two video files for example, with which you will work.
- Then, from one video file using the “fragment selection” method, you need to mark the desired video volume and use the “Ctrl + C” keys to copy it.
- Next, on the second file in the right place, you need to split the video file using the “S” key and insert a piece of video previously copied from the first file into this place.
- After this video you should connect and save it as a new file under a new name.