Signs of the patient of the intestines: how to recognize the ailment on time?
Apr 25, 2018
Everyone has problems with digestion: poisoned, overeated at the feast, was nervous.For some reason, the disruption of the intestine for the mentality of our nation is considered a delicate problem, which they do not like to discuss, let alone consult a doctor.But any symptom of the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract can indicate both a banal dysbiosis and growth of an oncological tumor.In addition, the patient's intestines increase the chance of catching respiratory infections due to a decrease in local immunity.In time to recognize bowel disease will help characteristic symptoms.
- Intestine as the main immune organ
- Symptoms of the patient with intestines and stomach
- How to determine the pathology of the intestine in appearance?
- What are the main principles of treatment?
- Bowel diseases in children
- What are the methods of prevention?
Intestine as the main immune organ
The length of the thick and small intestine is about 6 meters.This important organ not only fulfills the function of the food conveyor, but also ensures normal activity to other internal organs, and also protects the body from pathogenic microorganisms.
After digestion in the stomach, food enters the intestine and is split into proteins, fats and carbohydrates, the small intestine is responsible for absorbing nutrients due to its structure and the presence of specific villi.The mucous membrane of the intestine produces special hormones, which have a beneficial effect on the digestive capacity.Gastrin, motilin, secretin regulate appetite, vascular tone and even mood.
Immune function of the intestine is of great importance.Scientists have proved that 80% of the total body's immunity depends on the full functioning of the intestinal department.
Bacteria that live in the intestine perform many useful actions:
- inhibits the activity of putrefactive microorganisms;
- filters heavy metals, toxic substances that come with food, water and air;
- produce acids( formic, acetic, succinic, lactic), without which normal metabolism is impossible;
- improves the absorption of essential vitamins and trace elements;
- reduces the load on the liver;
- serve as a kind of protection against pathogens;
- reduce cholesterol and accelerate the metabolism of fats;
- increase the level of hemoglobin.
Violation of intestinal peristalsis is immediately reflected in the work of the body as a whole.A person notices allergy manifestations due to insufficient filtration of harmful substances, the body becomes susceptible to infections.As a result of inferior metabolism, there may be headaches, deterioration of the skin, hair and nails.
People with years of constipation, intestinal colic, ignoring a visit to the therapist, risk getting more serious diseases.
Symptoms of intestinal and stomach illness
Intensity and severity of symptoms of diseases of the intestinal department depends on the degree of the disease, from the bowel site( thick or thin).Virtually all diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are accompanied by painful sensations.Pain can be a constant aching, episodic, sharp.
In case of a disorder of the small intestine, pain is often present in the navel area, if the colon suffers, the pain is localized in the groin area to the left or right.Before defecation, pain can be given to the spine or sacrum.
In addition to a variety of bouts of pain, there are other signs of an intestinal illness:
- flatulence( excessive accumulation of gases in the stomach and intestines) - a feeling of belly distension, a feeling of heaviness and swelling, after the release of excess air, relief comes;
- constipation - no bowel movement for more than 48 hours, feces are hard and dry, and daily discharge is a sign of constipation, but in a small amount;
- heartburn - burning behind the sternum, which rises up along the entire length of the esophagus( instead of burning, a sensation of lump, heat, pressure, often occurs with increased acidity);
- bloating and rumbling in the stomach;
- diarrhea - increased emptying up to 6 times a day with small intestine damage, with disorder of the large intestine even more often;
- nausea, belching.
Acute or chronic form of the intestinal bow is accompanied by anemia, swallowing disorder( dysphagia), pain in the anus, presence of feces, mucus, pus in the stool.Most often, patients with the above symptoms are diagnosed with:
- acute or chronic enteritis;
- functional constipation;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- ulcerative colitis;
- hemorrhoids, inflammation of the large or small intestine;
- dysbacteriosis, intestinal infections.
Sometimes intestinal pathology develops asymptomatically and is only detected during instrumental diagnosis.
For more information on irritable bowel syndrome, see the video.
How to determine the pathology of the intestine in appearance?
An experienced physician is able to presume a diagnosis, only examining the patient externally.Judging by the condition of the skin of the face and its color, hair, nails, tongue, you can determine which organ the person is ill with.
The relationship between intestinal and facial skin is obvious.In the process of processing food, not only useful substances are produced, but also toxic toxins.If the intestinal microflora is broken, with its filter function does not cope, then the work of the sebaceous glands is disrupted.They clog up, and harmful bacteria use the areas filled with sebum as a favorable place for dwelling.
After the studies, physicians concluded that the accumulation of pimples in certain places can be related to internal organs:
- pimples located on the forehead, the wings of the nose, cheeks indicate problems with the intestines;
- pimples on the temples signal the impaired operation of the gallbladder;
- acne on the chin can be a sign of a disorder in the genital area or GI tract;
- inflammatory formations on the back speak of intestinal dysbacteriosis, possible problems of endocrine organs, gynecological pathologies.
An earthy-gray complexion, bluish circles under the eyes most likely also a manifestation of bowel dysfunction.If, in doing so, the lips of a person are dry, weather-beaten, with cracks and "seizures" that do not heal well, then there is a gastritis, ulcer or other diseases of the digestive tract.
The truth about internal diseases can be easily read by language: if the base of the tongue is covered with a white coating, the mucosa is covered with deep pits, this indicates a dysbacteriosis or gastrointestinal disturbance.Greenish plaque indicates dysfunction of the duodenum.
In order not to confuse the individual feature of appearance with the disease, it is recommended to consult a doctor if suspicious symptoms are detected.
What are the main principles of treatment?
The scheme of treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract depends on the specific case.Intestinal infections and inflammatory processes are treated differently.
Scientists have studied more than 30 viruses and bacteria that can disrupt the digestive system.Infection in the intestine is usually manifested by diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and severe spasms in the abdomen.The main task in the treatment of such diseases is to help the body to overcome the pathogenic microorganism and prevent dehydration.
When rotavirus infection, dysentery, salmonellosis and other such diseases are prescribed antibiotics, if necessary antiparasitic drugs.A sparing diet aimed at restoring water-salt metabolism is mandatory.
Treatment of inflammatory diseases includes:
- changing the usual diet - reducing fatty foods, fast food, refined foods, the predominance of protein foods, fiber;
- reception of probiotics and prebiotics - are relevant for intestinal dysbacteriosis, useful bacteria colonize microflora and eliminate harmful microorganisms;
- use of sorbents, antispasmodics and antimicrobial agents - used in colitis, enteritis to relieve pain, unpleasant symptoms( bloating, heartburn).
With constipation prescribed laxatives, but their use should be monitored by a specialist to prevent the development of dysbiosis.With diverticulosis the doctor will prescribe the patient a diet, antiseptics, antispasmodics and anti-inflammatory drugs.Proctitis is treated with sulfonamides, cleansing enemas, observing bed rest.
The surgical method of treatment is resorted solely to indications: removal of the appendix, breakthrough of the diverticulum( small loop on the intestine), intestinal obstruction, benign and malignant tumors.
The effectiveness of treatment of bowel diseases depends on the competent diagnosis.
Bowel diseases in children
You can face intestinal diseases in your child at any age.Some children are born with malformations of the intestine, others acquire inflammation as they grow up: duodenitis, enteritis, colitis, sigmoiditis, ulcer disease.
Very often mothers are struggling with dysbiosis in newborns and older children.Symptoms of dysbiosis are the same as in adults: unstable stool( alternating diarrhea and constipation), paroxysmal pain, rumbling in the stomach after 2 hours ate food, belching, loss of appetite.
Normalization of microflora with dysbiosis in a child is not an easy task.
It is necessary to carefully select products, exclude possible food allergens, ask the pediatrician to prescribe medications to restore the intestinal microflora.
Severe illness is Crohn's disease( inflammation of the intestinal mucosa).On the walls of the bowels ulcers are formed, which, if ignored, can turn into fistulas.The chair becomes more frequent 10 times a day, after a meal the belly aches.They treat pathology by means of medicines and nutritional restrictions: all foods that increase peristalsis of the intestine( fat, spicy, chocolate, coffee) are excluded.
In addition to severe inflammatory diseases, children often become infected with intestinal infections.Poisoning the body is easy to determine:
- nausea and vomiting;
- diarrhea( loose stools)
- dry mouth and pale skin;
- bloating, spastic abdominal pain;
- sometimes a rise in body temperature.
In the first-aid kit of parents, poison preparations must always be present to provide emergency assistance to the child.It can be Regidron, Enterosgel, Atoxil, Sorbeks.
A solution for preventing dehydration can be done at home: one liter of boiled water will need 1 st.L.Salt, 2 tbsp.L.Sugar and juice half a lemon.
The main course of treatment will appoint a doctor after determining the causative agent of an intestinal infection.
Balanced nutrition of the child and proper hygiene is the best protection of children from intestinal diseases that are not associated with congenital anomalies.
What are the prevention methods?
To avoid problems with the intestines and stomach, simple dietary rules should be observed:
- Meals should be regular so that digestive activity and juice production are synchronized;
- it is desirable to eat 4 times a day in regular portions;
- constant food in dry conditions promotes constipation - the body needs 1.5 liters of liquid per day;
- food should not be excessively hot or cold, so as not to irritate the intestinal mucosa;
- abuse of white bread, fresh pastries, baking provokes heartburn;
- grains, fruits, greens, vegetables rich in fiber activate the growth of useful intestinal bacteria;
- sour-milk products( kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt, ryazhenka, sour cream) normalize intestinal motility, eliminate putrefactive processes.
Do not forget about the state of your psyche, because stress, emotional trauma somehow affect the work of the gastrointestinal tract.Depression and fears can lead to functional dyspepsia, irritable bowel syndrome and stomach ulcer.
Treatment with any medication without specialist supervision is very detrimental to the digestive organs.Antibiotics, antidepressants, tablets from hypotension, laxatives, psychotropic drugs - this is not the whole list of medications that can not be taken without consulting a doctor.
Of course, the best preventive measure is the rejection of bad habits, which includes smoking and alcohol abuse.The child should be trained to monitor the purity of the hands, wash fruits and vegetables before consumption and do not drink tap water.Do not rush to extremes, cleansing the bowels and fasting can not be done without medical supervision.
Diseases of the intestine occupy most of all diseases of the digestive organs.We eat, guided by the principle of "fast, cheap and tasty", and then suffer from intestinal colic and indigestion.
Everyone knows that the disease is easier to prevent than to treat it later.Do not close your eyes to another bout of nausea, problems with emptying or rumbling in your stomach.Various diseases( far from being harmless) have exactly the same symptoms.Especially it is necessary to be attentive to people who have a hereditary predisposition to diseases of the intestine.