TBT - this is what and why it is used?
If you look into the Russian abbreviations dictionary,you can find out what TBT means: a heavy drill pipe. Attentive person to note that this abbreviation is written in Russian letters (TBT). And why should millions of users use in their tweets and posts in Instagram a reference to the oil industry?
Of course, the essence is much more prosaic. To oil, a hashtag really has nothing to do with it. It's all about American cuts that Russian-speaking people can not easily understand, but they can learn. And use it on a par with everyone.
The hashtag is the same grating (#) that youyou can often watch in social networks. This concept has become so popular that you can meet a hashtag even in a printed booklet or on a billboard. Although there they are placed only to meet trends. After all, hashtags can only perform their functions in virtual space.
They are used to group messages bycertain topics. It looks like a normal hashtag like this: # + a word, for example TBT (which means you'll find out later). The correctly set hashtag is clickable. That is, clicking on it, you will see all other posts or photos, under which there is the same label.
In addition to grouping, hashtags are also used for promotion in social networks. By the way, English is not the only possible language, marks are made in other languages (including Russian).
If you actively use "Twitter" or"Инстраграм", you must have met this very hashtag - TBT. Its meaning in English is the shortened phrase "Throw Back Thursday". If you translate it into Russian word for word, it turns out something like "an abandoned Thursday", or more precisely, "retro-Thursday." Means this tradition of Internet users to arrange on Thursdays a day of nostalgic memories. They downloaded children's photos, frames from family trips and other cards with happy moments of their past.
Previously, users did useits exclusively on Thursdays, and some continue to do so until now. While others began to back away from the rules, using TBT under each of their photos.
Rules for using the TBT hashtag
Understand, TBT - is that, not difficult. But how correctly to use this hashtag? Now you can often see cases of abuse of it. Users insert hashtags under the photo in huge amounts just to collect more likes. Often, the marked marks have nothing to do with the contents of the photo.
Therefore, wishing to use hashtags correctly, it is worth remembering a few rules:
- Use only those that describe the content of the frame or your relationship to it.
- TBT's hashtag is something that points not only tothe very fact of the past, but also for the period of limitation. These letters, as a rule, put under the frames, which were made at least a year ago. Although modern users like to celebrate all the frames that were not made right now.
- If you are commercializing an account in Instagram, #TBT does not help you.
Do the stars use a TBT hashtag?
Usually celebrities do not use hashtags under their photos. Or, at least, they do it rarely and in moderation. However, there are at least two bright cases of using this tag.
For example, in 2013 such a hashtem markedhis photo is the famous Niall Horan. And this shot became the most "zalikannym" among all posts tagged TBT for the year. The army of fans estimated the naked torso of the soloist at 718,000 likes.
But the beloved Jennifer Aniston Justin Teruobviously did not learn to use the hashtag correctly, unlike the "Instagram" filters. Once he laid out on his page a photo of his beloved wife, providing him with a mark of wcw. He means "women we admire", and that's right. But the fact is that with this tag the photos are published only on Wednesday. And, most likely, Justin had to use TBT (this is what you already know), which corresponds not only to the publication day (Thursday), but also to the fact that the photo is archival.
Hashtags similar to TBT
There are a number of specific hashtags that you should learn if you want to look like a "pro" in using social networks:
- #OOTD - use to show the rest of your current outfit.
- #MCM - about the hashtag dedicated to women, we already mentioned, and this one is used on Mondays to publish footage with popular representatives of the stronger sex.
- #FBF is the equivalent of TBT. This is something similar in meaning, as it points to the same old photographs. It stands for "flashback Friday" and is used on Fridays.
- # L4L - but this cut does not apply to the photo, but simply calls: "Laik for likes".
Other hashtags you should know
The above hashtags are still not very common. If you are just starting to use Instagram, you should get acquainted with the basic, basic options and their meaning:
- #instagood - it is often used just like that, but in fact it means that you are proud of the photo you have laid out;
- #instamood - indicates that the photo conveys your mood at the moment;
- #iphoneonly - use iPhone fans. He often indicates that the photo was taken on this phone;
- #jj - this short tag is very popular, but used under frames with different tastes.
Use the hashtag wisely. After all, if you spam them in large numbers, then you will cause more resentment of subscribers than popularity. Better pay attention to the content that you publish.