Treatment of nodal uterine fibroids: how it is carried out
Jul 21, 2018
Most women on Earth over the age of 35 suffer from a hormone-dependent benign tumor of the uterus.This is a gynecological disease of the muscular tissue of the uterus, which resembles, most often, a knot.The peculiarity of this disease is such that myoma of the uterus, in contrast to the true tumor, has the ability to decrease in size, up to the point of extinction.Do not expect a spontaneous outcome of the disease.Proper treatment of nodal uterine fibroids is a guarantee of women's health.
- Nodal uterine fibroids: causes
- Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Nodal uterine fibroids: operation
Nodal uterine myoma: causes
More than half of women over the age of 40 suffer from gynecological diseases,Associated with hormonal dysfunction of the body.The most common disease among such ailments is the uterine myoma of the uterus.
Medical scientists have identified various causes of such a strange gynecological disease.Myoma of the uterus is manifested primarily in women who have a pathological change in the work of the reproductive organs, presumed with a regularity in heredity.
If the genus of a woman has immediate relatives with a confirmed diagnosis, then there is a likelihood of the same disease.
Heredity is the cause for this disease, and in the absence of treatment - a real pattern to the transition from a benign tumor to cancer.
Myoma is a hormone-dependent disease that develops against a background of certain diseases that cause an imbalance in the female body.Such background diseases can be:
- Endometrial hyperplasia,
For the development and progressive growth of uterine fibroids, there must be favorable soil, which is additionally created by certain body conditions:
- Frequent spontaneous abortions and abortions;
- Medical abortions;
- Absence of conception;
- Wrong application of contraceptives;
- Lack of lactation after delivery;
- Inflammations in reproductive organs;
- Presence of a cyst and other neoplasms on other organs, especially ovarian cysts;
- Frequent irradiation with ultraviolet rays;
- Irregular sexual relations, prolonged absence of sex;
- Endocrine diseases, in particular, diseases of the thyroid gland;Excess weight and obesity
- Absence of treatment in the presence of endometriosis;
- Disruption of the technology of setting and removing the intrauterine device;
- Injuries to the abdominal cavity, pelvic area;
- Harmful habits in the form of smoking and alcohol abuse;
- Lack of adequate nutrition with increased content of animal fats;
- Infectious and venereal diseases due to illegibility in sexual intercourse;
- Constant stressful situations, nervous breakdowns, depressive states.
Against the background of all the above deviations and diseases, this disease occurs in women over the age of 25 and under 55.
At this age, a somatic mutation of the cells of reproductive organs occurs, as the woman has already managed to transfer some diseases, to face neuroendocrine disorders in the body's work, to experience numerous disappointments in the form of nervous shocks and irregular sexual life.But, in addition to hormonal failure in the body, the cause of the pathogenesis of uterine fibroids may be immune abnormalities in the vital activity of the body.
The cause of the development of this disease can be many, to prevent the onset of the disease or inhibition of its development, you should carefully consider your health, be observed regularly at the treating gynecologist and undergo out-patient examinations.Especially this applies to those women who are at high risk of nodal uterine myoma.
Find out the types of uterine fibroids from the video.
Symptoms and Diagnostics
The disease at first does not show itself in anything.After all, the clinic of the disease depends directly on the individual characteristics of the woman's organism, on the localization of the nodes in the body of the uterus, on their size, nature and pace of development.
Tumor, as a rule, develops slowly.But there are cases of detection of ailment, when the weight of the tumor reached 3 kg.This phenomenon - a rarity, usually women with the appearance of stable symptoms seek help in the women's consultation.
The main symptoms of nodal uterine fibroids are the following deviations in health status:
- Abundant and prolonged bleeding during menstruation.Often discharge during menstruation accompanied by "liver"( large blood clots).
- Discharge of bloody color in the period between monthly.
- Violation of the cycle of menstruation, the periodic absence of menstruation.
- Pain in the lower back, lower abdomen, sides, in the groin.
- Frequent urge to urinate due to tumor pressure on the organs of the genitourinary system.
- Infertility.The tumor does not allow the egg to pass unhindered through the fallopian tube.
- Premature birth or spontaneous abortion.
- Frequent constipation due to pressure on the body of the uterus on the intestines.
- The severity of the lower abdomen.
- Drowsiness and weakness, pressure jumps, dizziness.
- Unpleasant sensations during sexual intercourse, decreased libido, pain at the time of orgasm.
Occasionally, the disease is detected during pregnancy planning or during pregnancy, when a woman seeks a doctor for registration.In doing so, it must always be remembered that in the presence of uterine fibroids during pregnancy, there may be problems with the bearing of the fetus.
The dimensions of the nodes, their number, location are determined by ultrasound.If the information is insufficient, the doctor prescribes a biopsy and an MRI.Echography is possible.
Hydro sonography helps to distinguish polyps from fibroids if a controversial question arises about this.To exclude pathology, separate scraping of the inner membrane of the uterus is performed, examining the material obtained.
If it is not possible to differentiate the tumor with all of the above diagnostic methods, laparoscopy is used to clarify the diagnosis.
Only timely detection of the disease, its diagnosis will help to choose the right method of treatment and prevent the development of complications in the form of cancerous tumors.
Nodal uterine myoma: treatment
Drug treatment aims to reduce the size of the formation, inhibit the growth of fibroids.In this case, women are prescribed drugs that inhibit the production of hormones.Steroids inhibit the growth and development of the tumor.In some cases such drugs can lead to the complete disappearance of the nodes.
If these methods are ineffective, then embolization of the uterine artery is used.
A catheter is inserted through the femoral artery, which then enters the artery of the uterus.The catheter is triggered by a special substance blocking the access of nutrients to the myoma.Typically, this type of therapy is used in cases of detection of fibroids in women of childbearing age.
If the patient is not going to give birth in the future, the FUS ablation method may be used.In this case, the inner layer of the uterus is removed.This technique eliminates bleeding, removes nodes.
The absence of treatment is fraught with complications.Self-medication can adversely affect the health and life of a sick woman.
Nodal uterine myoma: operation
If all conservative therapies are useless or impossible, then the myoma is removed by surgery.There are prerequisites when the operation is recommended:
- Large blood loss at monthly intervals;
- Large size of the node;
- Fast growth rate of the tumor;
- Disturbance of processes in the body of the tumor, the possibility of its degeneration into malignant formation;
- Presence of other tumors.
There are indications for urgent urgent operation:
- "Acute abdomen",
- Internal node,
- Twisting of the fibroid stem,
- Continuous profuse uterine bleeding.
If the disease is started, then there is no sense in drug treatment.Various operational measures are carried out to remove nodes.But only the doctor decides how to perform the operation, which organ should be removed and which one should be left.
When a nodal uterine fibroids is diagnosed, serious and adequate treatment should be considered.Only the timely detection of the disease and its correct treatment guarantee the possibility of complete cure and further reproductivity.