What is sclerosis?
Some diseases, unfortunately, can sneak up unnoticed. This is because the person simply does not attach importance to small symptoms. It is to such diseases can be attributed sclerosis. The first symptoms may already appear even in 20 years. However, many are not aware of what sclerosis is, thinking that it is an age-related disease and you should not worry ahead of time.
Let us consider in more detail what sclerosis is, its types, symptoms, treatment and preventive measures.
What is sclerosis and its types
Sclerosis is a disease in which some elements of the body die and are replaced by connective tissue. This can occur with various organs, vessels and other structures of the body. Sclerosis can manifest itself at the age of twenty, and not only in old age, as many people think.
Sclerosis is divided into several types:
- Atherosclerosis, in which the destruction of arterial vessels and overgrowing them with fat and connective tissue. This type of sclerosis is very dangerous because it can impair blood circulation in various organs, and this is very dangerous for human health. Artery aneurysm may also occur.
- Cardiosclerosis is one of the most dangerous types of sclerosis. The muscle fibers of the heart degrade and are replaced by connective tissue, so the heart begins to work worse. Cardiosclerosis can lead to a heart attack, aneurysm or stroke.
- Sclerosis of the spinal cord and brain, in which the nerve fibers die and are replaced by connective tissue. This can lead to paralysis, loss of sensation, dementia, memory loss and other disruptions in the human nervous system.
- Nephrosclerosis leads to the death of kidney tissue and its replacement with connective tissue. This type of sclerosis can lead to death due to urinary retention and bleeding.
- Liver cirrhosis is the replacement of liver cells by connective tissue, which eventually leads to liver failure. It is a chronic disease that appears over time and progresses. There are several factors for the development of this disease, which also include alcohol consumption.
All types of sclerosis occur for various reasons and premises. But there are also common causes of multiple sclerosis:
- Improper nutrition.Abuse of meat food, as well as a lack of vitamins and minerals in the diet can lead to sclerosis of various organs. Also harmful is the use of semi-finished and fatty foods, avoid fast foods.
- Alcohol abuse also leads to sclerosis of the liver, kidneys and nervous system. Even in small quantities, alcohol adversely affects the body.
- Chronic diseases like syphilis or diabetes, as well as some infections.
- Poisoning by chemicals and heavy metals like lead leads to sclerosis.
- Aging in one way or another leads to the deterioration of internal organs and body systems, and therefore sclerosis begins. However, this process can be delayed - eat right, exercise, and give up bad habits.
- Genetic predisposition can also lead to sclerosis;
- Obesity, smoking.
Also, if you are wondering why it hurts your back, please note that this may be a sign of sclerosis, so we recommend reading the article of the same name.
Further we will provide advice on the treatment and prevention of sclerosis.
Treatment of sclerosis and prevention measures
Since sclerosis is difficult to treat, doctors recommend following tips for preventing sclerosis, namely:
- Adjust sleep and wakefulness. Normal mode is very important for the proper functioning of the body. Go to bed at 22-24 o'clock and get up at 6-8 in the morning.
- Eat food without a lot of fat and salt. Prefer vegetable and dairy food. Eat foods that contain iodine, vitamins and minerals.
- Mineral springs of water and mud in the resorts, as well as physiotherapy are great help to update the body and keep it in good shape.
- Reduce the use of meat, get rid of bad habits like alcohol and cigarettes, avoid dangerous diseases and then you can prevent sclerosis.