Why are the lips swollen?
Lips are a part of the body with which it is usually rarethat's what happens, so if there's some kind of trouble with them, then it makes us very confused. If suddenly you have swollen lips, what to do in this case?
Lips on face
If suddenly the swollen lips on your face are not the result of the work of a plastic surgeon, then you are likely to be wary of a similar change in your appearance. So why the lips are swollen?
Causes of swelling
The causes of lip swelling on the face can bedifferent. Of course, in such a situation it is worthwhile to see a doctor who can accurately determine the disease and prescribe the treatment, but let's still consider those cases in which this trouble can arise.
- Allergy is a frequent guest in our life, andit manifests itself in different ways. Often it makes itself felt in this way. If suddenly after eating food or medicine, after contacting a neighbor's cat or buying a new makeup, you notice that your upper lip or both have swollen, then you should know that you are likely to have a typical allergy. And swollen lips in this case, only the beginning of its manifestation. Do not wait for the worsening of the situation in the form of Quincke's edema, it is better to immediately stop contact with the allergen if possible and take antihistamines. Their large number on the shelves of pharmacies: suprastin, tavegil, zirtek and so on.
- Lip injury can also lead to herswelling. If you have a wound on the lip as a result of a stroke, squeezing out pimples, cuts or piercings, then it should be immediately treated with hydrogen peroxide or iodine. Do not wait for the suppuration of the wound, but if it does happen, you need to contact a surgeon who will prescribe an adequate treatment.
- Some viral infections also appear inthe form of lip swelling. Stomatitis and herpes cause small ulcers on the lips, which in turn contribute to the swelling of the lips themselves. For the treatment of herpes, ointments based on acyclovir are used. Also, this drug exists and in the form of tablets, which when taken internally contribute to the destruction of the virus in the body. Stomatitis is treated with various antiseptic drugs and the use of immunostimulating drugs.
- Such a disease as periostitis, purulentinflammation of the jaw or periosteum, may occur due to infection in the treatment of teeth. In this case, not only the lip swells, but also the gum, there is pain in the place of suppuration. Since in the case of this disease pus is going inside, then rinses and lotions you will not help yourself. It is necessary to go to the dentist as quickly as possible, otherwise purulent inflammation can spread to the brain.
It's no secret that women have lip lines on their facesalso the labia, which also sometimes can cause trouble due to their swelling, and many women who are faced with this problem are interested in why the labia is swollen.
Causes of swelling
The causes of swelling of the labia may be different, both requiring treatment and not requiring.
- If you have swollen lips after sex, then there is nonothing wrong. In the labia there are venous vessels and nerve endings, as a result of which, with strong sexual stimulation and stimulation, blood flows to them, and they increase in size. The degree of their increase depends on how many blood vessels are located in your labia, the more of them and the more sexual arousal, the more they increase or, in other words, swell. Such a condition does not require medical intervention and passes itself as the excitement decreases.
- But, unfortunately, the swelling of the labia may beand a sign of various diseases, the most common of them is thrush or candidiasis, in which the lips are inflamed, itching and burning, there are curdled whites with an unpleasant sour smell.
- Chronic candidiasis, long receptionantibiotics can lead to vulvovodin, or inflammation of nerve endings in the vulva. This disease is characterized by swelling of the labia and severe pain and burning sensation in the perineum, even with the slightest contact.
- Pain in the labia and their swelling may besymptoms of inflammation of the Bartholin glands, which are located one on each of the labia. As a result of the action of various pathogens of infection, clogging of these glands can occur, which leads to seals at the site of their location and severe pain during and after sex.
So if you have unpleasant feelings inThe perineum and labia are swollen, what should I do in this case? Of course, you should consult a doctor, telling you what and when you have pain. With this problem you need to go to a gynecologist or dermatovenerologist. Do not be shy or afraid, delaying the moment of the visit to the doctor, you only aggravate your situation and spoil your health.
Thus, swelling of the lips on the face or genitalin most cases requires consultation and proper treatment from the right specialist. Of course, you can independently assume the cause of this trouble, but do not forget that self-treatment is often dangerous to health, remember this.