Why does the internet go down?
A law that works perfectly anywhere in the world is the law of meanness. You blame him for the fact that at the most crucial moment of the game, the connection to the Net disappears or you cannot download an important email for you from an electronic mailbox. But seriously, there are many objective reasons why the Internet connection is lost, which we will try to list in this article.
List of reasons
- The first, most obvious reason why the Internet disappears is mechanical damage to the modem, router or cable through which a computer or laptop connects to the Web. Carefully check whether everything is in order with the equipment, will never be squeezed or frayed the cable, etc.
- The next question that worries many - why the Internet disappears through a router? After all, if the router is working, no wires from it go, then everything should work fine. However, the settings of the router often go astray. In this case, you will not be able to connect to the Internet.
The easiest way to eliminate such a problem is to reset all settings and re-enter them.To enter the panel of most routers, you need to type in the address bar of your browser: 192.168.1.1. In the login and password windows, you must enter the default values: admin (if they have not changed). Or use the reset button on the back of the router.
- Break of communication channel. If you live not in your house, but in an apartment, then the problem of mechanical damage to the cable may not be in your apartment, but outside it. For example, if you make repairs at the entrance, perhaps the builders accidentally damaged the cable. This problem must be resolved by your network provider.
- Your ISP itself may cause a lack of Internet connection. In the event of an emergency or equipment failure at the provider, the Internet may be absent for several hours. In this case, the Internet disappears immediately from the entire area or apartment building. Call the hotline, report the problem and wait for it to be fixed.
- Another reason why the Internet is lost on a laptop or computer may be the presence of viruses on it. Even if you have an anti-virus program installed on your computer, you are not insured against accidentally picking up a virus.If you regularly use the Internet, this probability increases at times.
Every day, dozens of new viruses appear in the world and antivirus software manufacturers simply cannot keep up with this pace. Many of these viruses block access to the Web. To reduce the risk of viruses infecting your computer, use only licensed software, never turn off the antivirus and firewall on your computer, do not follow the links to suspicious sites and do not download any files from unchecked sources. In addition, before connecting any external storage device to the device, also check it for viruses.