Windows: how to find the folder?
The operating system Windows 7 hasa lot of different features and utilities that make life much easier for the user. Sometimes, a user on a computer accumulates a huge amount of information, folders and files that are still located non-systematically on the computer and make it difficult to find them. Then find the desired file or folder becomes difficult, and sometimes impossible without special Windows 7. Then comes the help of the file and folder search system in Windows 7.
Let's consider in detail all possible ways of finding a file or folder in Windows 7.
How to find a folder or file in Windows 7
There are three easy ways to find the right folder with files or the files themselves among a variety of other information in the Windows 7 operating system:
- Using the search field in the "Start" menu;
- Using the search field in a folder or library;
- Or with the help of advanced search outside of folders and libraries.
Let's consider each of the ways in more detail.
Search field in the Start menu
The easiest way to find folders or files on your computer is to use the search field in the Start menu. To do this, just open the "Start" andwrite in the search box belownext to the shutdown button, any name. After that, the Start menu changes to a list of possible file and folder options with the same name.
And with such a search, a list will be displayednot only files and folders with the same name, but also files where this word can be mentioned in one form or another within the file or its properties. In addition, it should be noted that only files that have been indexed are displayed in the list. However, most files are indexed automatically.
Search field in a folder or library
You can also search for files locally, if they are stored in a specific folder or library. For this:
- Open the desired folder or library.
- Enter the desired word in the search field. The search field in this case is located in the upper right part of the window.
- In the list, find the desired file or folder.
This search yields results even in partthe words. The search is conducted by name, internal text file and file properties. The library searches for all the folders within a particular library. It is not necessary to enter the full name. Just enter the part and find the file you need. Also, when the search result is displayed, the words will be highlighted in color for the convenience of the user.
Among other things, you can enter several keywords that will narrow the search area very significantly.
If the folder or file can not be detected by searching in specific folders and libraries, you can expand the search scope. For this:
- Also enter a word or keywords in the search bar in the library or a specific folder.
- After the search has yielded results, scroll down and find the "Retry search" section, where you must specify the search method and parameters.
- Specify the search area. This can be a search for all libraries, and you can also search the entire computer. In the second case, the search will be performed even for non-indexed files and folders of the system. However, the search will be much slower. You can also specify a specific search location if you select Other.
Thus, you can find any file or folder,if they are available on the computer. You can also search using the default web browser by clicking on the "Internet" button. In this case, the browser will open, which you installed by default, and the search will begin on the Internet in the search engine by default.